Do you want DeleteMyInfo to remove your information from data brokers?
How to Delete Instagram Account
How to Deactivate Your Instagram Account or Delete Instagram: DeleteMyinfo.com’s Quick Guide
It’s acceptable to temporarily deactivate or completely erase your Instagram account if you feel like you need a break from social media.
Before deactivating or deleting your account, we advise that you download your Instagram data.
To deactivate Instagram, follow these steps:
1. Access Instagram from a browser.
2. Choose “Profile” > “Edit Profile” by clicking on your profile photo.
3. Click “Temporarily disable my account” after scrolling down.
4. On the “Why are you disabling your account” area, select a justification.
5. Enter your password once more and confirm your choice.
The procedure isn’t all that different if you want to delete your Instagram account.
For further details on how to deactivate or delete your Instagram account, see the article that follows.
Do you worry about maintaining your privacy?
Do showy influencers test your patience?
Do you want to put more of your attention toward increasing your productivity and less time on Instagram scrolling?
It might be time to remove Instagram entirely or just deactivate your account there.
You may discover step-by-step instructions on how to erase your Instagram account permanently or temporarily on this page.
Deleting Instagram Vs. Deactivating Instagram
The differences between deactivating and deleting Instagram are listed below.
Unfortunately, you can’t cancel an Instagram account via the iPhone or Android app. To disconnect from the social networking platform, you will need to use your computer or mobile browser.
The steps for deactivating your Instagram account on a PC or mobile browser are provided below.
1. Log into the Instagram account you want to deactivate in a new browser tab.
2. On the top right corner, click your profile photo.
3. Choose “Edit Profile” under “Profile.”
4. Click “Temporarily disable my account” after scrolling down.
6. “Why are you deleting your account?” prompt. Choose a reason from the dropdown menu in the ” section. You cannot move forward until you choose a cause.
7. Retype the password for your account.
8. To temporarily disable your Instagram account, choose “Temporarily Disable Account.”
Your Instagram profile will be obscured and excluded from search results. You may still access your username, images, likes, follows, and comments.
Note: Your account will be reactivated as soon as you log in again. Your Instagram account can only be made inactive once per week.
DeleteMyInfo can help you save time by removing all your information from data brokers.
Reactivating Your Instagram Account
1. Open Instagram via a web browser or the Instagram app on your smartphone or tablet.
2. Your login information should be entered on the Instagram main page.
3. Your account will be restored if you tap “Login.”
If you decide to revive your account immediately away after deactivating it, you might have to wait up to 24 hours. Deactivation requests usually take Instagram several hours to process. You won’t be able to reactivate your account before that procedure is finished.
How to Delete Your Instagram Account Permanently
You must be using a computer and a web browser if you want to completely deactivate your Instagram account. Sadly, you are unable to delete an Instagram account using the app on an iPhone or an Android device.
Here’s how to permanently erase your Instagram account.
1. Access Instagram from a browser. Make sure you are signed in to the Instagram account you wish to delete if you have several accounts.
2. Delete Your Account page can be found there. You must use the direct link because there isn’t a menu item to make it simple to visit this page.
3. Choose the justification for your desire to remove your Instagram account from the dropdown menu in the “Why do you wish to delete [account name]” box. Depending on the option you choose, more information may be requested.
5. Retype your Instagram account password when you’re finished.
6. To permanently remove your account, click the button.
All of the photographs, likes, followers, and comments connected to your account will be immediately removed. Your account has been deleted, as evidenced by the notification you should receive to that effect. We regret having to say goodbye.“
Your Instagram account has effectively been deactivated at this point. Instagram warns that it could take up to three months for all of your account data to be deleted from its servers. According to Instagram’s Data Policy, some data may be kept on its servers past this 90-day window for legal reasons.
Deactivating or permanently deleting your Instagram account is acceptable. When you’re ready to use social media again, Instagram and all the others will still be there.
DeleteMyInfo.com has articles on how to delete your social media accounts accounts if you want to perform a social media cleansing. Also, if you need help deleting your information from data brokers you may see our Free Removal Guides.
DeleteMyInfo.com offers a very budget-friendly plan to delete you from Google and remove you from over 150+ data brokers that exposes your personal information. If you want to know about our plans and promotions, click here, or you may also call us at (855)-959-0311 or visit us at our office located at 3000 Gulf to Bay Blvd Suite 205, Clearwater, FL 33765.